Calling all artists! This Easter, we’re hosting an art competition for work that visually represent the Easter message and our theme, “More Than Conquerors.” We’ll even display the top pieces in our hallway this March and award $1,000 to the 1st place winner, $500 to the 2nd, and $250 to 3rd. Our goal is to collect high quality art pieces that illustrate our Easter theme.
All artwork must be completed by March 18 and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Entries must follow competition theme.
- Artwork must be original and not reproductions.
- All proposals must be submitted in advance for approval.
- Each piece must be submitted with a written biography and explanation of piece as well as a title for the artwork.
- All 2 dimensional pieces must be framed and appear finished.
- Artwork must match the concept of the piece proposal in order to be accepted.
- Open to photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, and mixed media.
- There is no limit to number of submissions per artist, however, each piece must be preceded by a proposal.
- This competition is not open to amateurs. Experienced artists only, please.
- There is no guarantee your piece will be shown.
Art will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation and clarity of theme to the viewer
- Creativity and originality of depicted theme
- Quality of artistic competition and overall design based on the theme
- Overall impression of the art piece
- Artistic Technique
Registration closes March 11.
All work must turned in to the church art ministry no later than March 18. Registration is required in order to submit. For more info, email Michael Grove or call 630-585-3282.