5th Grade Water Baptism
NXT Kids will be hosting a 5th grade baptism on Wednesday, May 29 during the 7 p.m. service. If you are interested in having your 5th grade student baptized, please sign up before the May 8th evening service. Anyone wanting to participate in baptism must go through two baptism classes offered during services on May 8 & 15. No one will be accepted once the first class has started.
Mandatory Water Baptism Preparation Classes:
- Wednesday, May 8, 7-8:30 p.m. in the Jungle Room
- Wednesday, May 15, 7-8:30 p.m. in the Jungle Room
Water Baptism Service
Wednesday, May 29
Is your child is ready for baptism? Take time to look over the following questions with them. If they don’t understand all the concepts, that doesn’t mean they aren’t qualified for baptism; see how they grow with the encouragement of the 2-week class. Once they've finished both classes, you'll be given the opportunity to ask your child these questions once again to see how they are able to articulate these concepts in their own words. Once they have finished both classes, your child will be approved for baptism at our KSG graduation service.
What is sin?
- Disobeying God.
- Breaking God’s Law.
- Making a decision to do those things that are wrong.
- Look up James 4:17: “Anyone who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.”
Who has sinned?
- Try to get them to say that means even them. Ask them if they have ever sinned and, if so, how.
- Look up Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
What is the cost of sin?
- Sin makes us feel unhappy.
- Sin separates us from God.
- Sin causes death.
- Look up Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our LORD.”
Why was Jesus important through this?
- Jesus is God’s only son, and He lived a perfect life.
- Jesus died on a cross to pay the penalty for our sin and came alive again in a wonderful way! Jesus lives in heaven today. He listens to your prayers and talks to God about them. He is preparing a place for you in heaven! Jesus is the only way to know God and spend forever in heaven with him!
- Look up John 14:6: “Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
How do we know we can believe in Jesus?
- Look up John 3:16: “God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- To believe in Jesus means to trust Jesus. This means you believe Jesus is the Son of God and you are trusting Him to save you from your sins and to take control of your life.
Ask Jesus to come into your life to be your savior and LORD!
- Look up Romans 10:9: “If you confess with your mouth ‘Jesus is LORD’ and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead you will be saved.”
Why do we get baptized?
- Baptism shows others you want to live your life for Christ.
- Baptism is a picture of the death (we are sinners), burial (we go under the water), and resurrection of Jesus (we come out of the water as a dedicated follower of Christ).
- Baptism is an act of obedience.
- Look up Matthew 28:19: “So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
Register for 5th Grade Water Baptism
Share this event: